Home > Message Boards > Paid ($) Request >
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Hoist the colours
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Kristoffer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:11 am   Post subject: Pirates Of The Caribbean: Hoist the colours Reply with quote

Hi.

can anybody make a midi for "Hoist the colours"?

would be thankfull for a free midi tho icon_smile.gif
View members profile Send private message
The Interloper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a crack at it if you're still interested. I'll need either a sound file or a link to a youtube video would do. Whatever it takes to hear the tune, that's all really. After a brief search I've come up with multiple versions of the song though, so a specific link or sound file is a must. I'll do it for free. PM me exactly what you want.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 am   Post subject: here you go :) Reply with quote

www¨(DOT) youtube (DOT) com (SLASH) watch?v=NvDGPF3d4aA
there you go icon_wink.gif

and THANKS icon_smile.gif
The Interloper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

All done. Hear it at http://www.hamienet.com/midi32569_Hoist-the-Colors.html

For any that wish to offer some advice, I ran into some problems after uploading it to Hamienet. I originally used a piccolo as part of the melody, but found Hamienet's SoundFont conversion to express the piccolo's carried notes as breathy and fluctuating. So I replaced the piccolo with a flute, and while the problem is slightly less pronounced, it still exists. Should I be using a different woodwind for this? I don't want the flute/piccolo to have that staggered vibrato. I want a clean, solid sound when the note carries. It's not a problem with the general MIDI format, only when played on Hamienet.com, or (I assume) using SoundFont format. Advice would be most welcome.

The original MIDI, before I made the minor changes to not make it not sound so terrible on Hamienet, can be found here: http://midishrine.com/midi/34243.mid
Not a big difference, but I think it's the superior version.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls