Home > Message Boards > Guests Support >
Will there be an offline version of the HamieNet converter?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Shwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:49 pm   Post subject: Will there be an offline version of the HamieNet converter? Reply with quote

You know, for people to still be able to convert their files and in case the site "dies" one day.

Would be fun, it's the best converter I have ever tried. Problem is, not everyone can get online to convert their MIDIs, especially with the selection of instrument sets I'm not sure anyone could ever find elsewhere.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MIDI is going to die before the site dies. icon_biggrin.gif

Creating an offline version of the converter is no easy task. Usually such programs are being sold because of the cost associated with creating and mantaining it. We are not sure we want to charge anyone for anything and we are not sure if sufficient people want to be charged for anything.

We have lots to work on, though an offline converter is a very low priority at the moment unfortunately.
View members profile Send private message
Shwa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, s'alright, I understand.

Just wanna tell you guys what a great job you did with this site. You manage to make the MIDIs I convert into... something actually not MIDI-ish. o_o

Like, video game MIDIs that are normally heard via the QSound chip (for example, Jin's theme from Marvel Vs. Capcom), when I normally play the MIDI, it sounds corny as usual. When I converted it, it sounded like an official arranged version of the QSound version! :O

And I'm telling you guys, I've never been happier in my life that a MIDI converter actually makes MIDIs sound better because of other instrument sets.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your compliment. Users like you who enjoy our work keep this site free and in constant development. We are glad you enjoy it.
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls