Home > Message Boards > Poll Booth >
What should HamieNET do next? Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic

What should HamieNET do next?
  Expand the functions of MIDI to MP3 converter
  Continue the development on the MIDI to sheet music engine
  Improve the melody search engine
  User-run submission system
  Something else, suprise me!
View Results
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:20 pm   Post subject: What should HamieNET do next? Reply with quote

We have very limited time on what we can expand on this website. Please let us know what is more important to you so we can spend our time on that area.

Expand the functions of MIDI to MP3 converter
Allow individuals to choose which instrument or sound font to use for each MIDI track conversion.

Continue the development on the MIDI to sheet music engine
Our sheet music function has been in alpha stage for many years, mainly because not much people have request improvment on the function.

Improve the melody search engine
The engine is basically functional but it is still not easy for an average user to utilize its function. And its melody database is out of date.

User-run submission system
We can change the current submission system into the YouTube-like system, which the users can submit anything but it will be up to HamieNET users to flag down inappropriate items.
View members profile Send private message
Shini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you perhaps make an mp3 to midi converter? That would be pretty awesome.

I personally really like the ideas to improve the midi->mp3 converter and the sheet music engine.
ajvdn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:32 am   Post subject: Sheetmusic to midi Reply with quote

I've voted for the midi to sheetmusic. But it would be great to have it the otherway around. Sheetmusic to midi by uploading pdf or jpg files.

Regards,
AJ
Fr_Abraham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:42 pm   Post subject: i agree Reply with quote

i agree with what ajvdn is saying. i also voted for the sheet music but sometimes i get confused on how to play a song that i enjoy because of time sigs or accidentals or even key sigs
LiNNNNNNNk

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

this is awesome, i discovered this a month ago and i think that is the best midi to mp3 converter i have ever tested, the 4 intruments set is already the best, is the most realistic set, but in some songs i get the bass ruined with this =( so if you can fix that i'd be really good, and about the improves, making an even more realistic midi to mp3 convertion than the 4 set i won't have words to thank you... goodbye!!
Beryl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 am   Post subject: MIDI to sheet music engine Reply with quote

MIDI to sheet music engine?
This has allready been done, there is a very easy handy Dutch freeware programm called 'Klavarscript'. This transcribes any midi file to sheetmusic.
It also allows you to create music electronically. The program can read MIDI and MusicXML files, edit, print and save the music.
fredooi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this fucntion: MIDI to MP3 converter
in fact, i need this for my music composing work. therefore i hope you can keep on improving on this area. thanks!
View members profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
)G@P(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the midi to mp3. However, what I really would like to see is a midi to tab function and tab to midi. That would make this site the best if it can be done. Peace.
Senescal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the subcategories that were alphabetized. Now all the songs are in order of most downloaded, 10 to a page, which makes it extraordinarily hard to find things, especially since the search field doesn't work.
Senescal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, the search field works again - it didn't for a while there. The only thing now for me would be the alphabetization into different categories, rather than sifting through many subpages
myguitarismywhore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:34 am   Post subject: Expand the functions of MIDI to MP3 converter Reply with quote

Expand the functions of MIDI to MP3 converter,
I other software is out there for transcription with midi sequences.
Id like to have more functions with the converter, different volumes with the converted synths. a preview and mixer before conversion/download ?

Peace, check out my midi!
myguitarismywhore icon_twisted.gif
View members profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
AlexMax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for improving the MIDI > Mp3 converter. If possible maybe you could work on making the soundfonts more realistic?

And I have a suggestion: Maybe you can have people choose if they want to convert to MP3 or WAV or both? I never need the WAV files and it they're pretty big so if I could choose to only convert to MP3 that would save space.
paul_joe_mick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 pm   Post subject: about the volume Reply with quote

The track volume of individual instrument I made in the midi programme get no effect (that's mean all track sound the same volume) when converted to mp3. Can admin investigate the problem so that the volume I intend can be heard in the converted mp3?
Thorfax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As said before, what we need is an mp3-midi converter. all the songs I have are in mp3, and I don't know how else to get them to midi. I also have the songs in wav format.
View members profile Send private message Visit posters website
Counter_Z23

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

MP3 to MIDI is possible but the success rate is low and it is too hard to get it on perfect.

Oh, and I vote for "Continue the development on the MIDI to sheet music engine"

The engine needs some work done to it.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 4 All times are GMT-8:00
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next