Home > Message Boards > Instruments >
Advice about learning the keyboard or guitar?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
depprussell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:25 pm   Post subject: Advice about learning the keyboard or guitar? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a 30 year old software developer and have been using computers for as long as I can remember and I've also been a huge gamer but I've gotten bored over the past few years with gaming and am looking for another hobby. In grade school I played a couple of different instruments (drums [or rather, one drum] and saxophone) but I only played for a couple of months before quitting. (I guess I lost interest; maybe because I was too young?) Now I'm 30 years old and am thinking about trying to learn the keyboard or guitar. I'm not sure which one though, but using the video game Rock Band's "Pro" mode sounds like a very interesting way to learn the very basics and then I could take real lessons from an instructor, etc. Anyways... Does being a fast typist on a computer keyboard translate to any kind of musical skill at all? (ie. does it help with a piano/musical keyboard?) Is 30 years old too old to start learning to play an instrument? I'm somewhat jealous of these kids who have been playing since they were young even though I'm sure it was their parents that forced them to play.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1153207
Startup video production company

Thank you
View members profile Send private message Send email
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls