Home > Message Boards > Exercise Wheels >
Midi key and tempo changing
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Frankie Flowers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: Midi key and tempo changing Reply with quote

I would like to know what software product changes midi keys and tempos like Hamienet does. I am in the market.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We wrote the software ourselve and it only works in web environment.
View members profile Send private message
Frankie Flowers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:31 pm   Post subject: Midi key changing Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I must say, I'm impressed with your ingenuity.

I am a singer with an accompanist, but I practice with midis. Because I have a lower range than many females, very few of them are in my key. I was overjoyed when I thought I could get software to change the midi keys and tempos, but I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks again.

Frankie
(link hidden for guest post)
aleczorich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry: Nobody ever really replys my Questions.:(
Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:04 am   Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Me neither Alec!
Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:21 am   Post subject: File Size Reply with quote

By the way folks..

does anybody know how to reduce the file size of a midi file (practically)?

I wish to shorten a file so I can use it as a ringtone (very sad but...)

Thanks for any ideas..
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie Flowers: there are quite a few freeware or shareware of MIDI sequencing/composing programs available for download on the Internet. All of them should be able to transpose keys. One of popular sharewares is NoteWorthy Composer (http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/). There are many other ones too (including freewares). You just have to Google for it.

Leo: You mean you want the song to change from 3 minutes into 30 seconds, for example? If so, it is possible for developement in the future. It's a great suggestion.

Aleczorich: I normally only reply to posts in the HamieNET category (supports etc.)
aleczorich

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you admin.For telling me that. :mrgreen:
Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks Admin, that is exactly what I mean. I may try the open source midi software you suggested to Ms Flowers (leo sings wonderwall...).

Leo

ps cheers for the pm to let me know alec, I will treat a hamster to a slap up lunch for you as a thankyou!!
Frankie Van Cleave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:05 pm   Post subject: Changing midi keys and tempo Reply with quote

I guess I'm too dumb to understand the technical stuff I've found about this subject on the Web.

I don't want to create midis myself. I have no keyboard. I just want to take a midi from the Web and change the key so I can sing with it. Also, sometimes I need to slow it down or occasionally, speed it up slightly so it doesn't drag.

I've written to companies and get nice replies, but no help. Some don't even reply. I just thought there'd be something simple I could manage from my computer, but I guess Hamie is the only place I can do that.

Thanks, Hamie.

Frankie
www.frankiesings.com
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

With the software that I mentioned -- yes, you can use it to make MIDI -- however, another function of such software is to modify a MIDI. Transposing is one of the many functions. You do not need a keyboard to transpose a MIDI. In fact, it only takes 3 seconds to transpose a MIDI. All you need to do is to open the MIDI with the software and use the transpose function within.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls