Home > Message Boards > MIDI Discussion >
Anyone Good with Finale?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
breckenridge55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: Anyone Good with Finale? Reply with quote

Hi, I just got Finale the other day and recently did my first MIDI, one I will probably put up here if someone can solve my problem. The song is Bohemian Rhapsody from the new UK musical We Will Rock You (yes, it's based on the rock band Queen's music). So, I finished the MUS file and everything sounds great in Finale... but, when I try to save it as a MIDI file, the tempo to the song is completely messed up and I don't know how to fix it. Part of the song is at 72 beats/minute and the other part is at 144 beats/minute, but the whole thing seems to be running at the Finale default 120 beats/minute and sounds pretty bad. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
jdr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What format uses the suffix .MUS? What software have you used for creating the file?

Have you used a MIDI sequencer (e. g. Cakewalk) or a tracker software (e. g. Modplug)? If you used a tracker software, it is possible that it ignores the tempo for the .MID file and uses a standard value (120).
View members profile Send private message
Finale~midi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I also have the same problem as you.
I ask one of my friend using Finale and he told me that Finale is a Music Score Composer and not a midi sequencer. So any tempo changes made will change into the initial tempo when saved into midi format.

So all the songs I made have no midi changes.
Sorry, no solution for your problem. icon_confused.gif
View members profile Send private message Send email
aldur2003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is a solution to your problems. When you make your score copy, you must define your tempo markings for play back and then save the file as a midi file and voila you have an exact portrayal of your score. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls