Home > Message Boards > Instruments >
keyboard advice
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: keyboard advice Reply with quote

im planning on learing how to play the piano, and was not sure what kind of keyboard i should get, (i dont have room for a real piano). i was wondering if i could get some advice on what to buy in the 200 - 300 dollar range.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Most keyboards in the $200-$300 range are not in full scale, ie. they do not have 88 keys. However, since you are just starting to learn, that shouldn't matter much. But I suggest you to buy a keyboard with keys resemble to those keys you find on a real piano (size-wise). I do not have a particular model or brand I could suggest to you. You can look for famous brands like Yamaha, Roland, and many more.
View members profile Send private message
madhtr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest getting a cheaper Yamaha CR-3 to start off with, it's very simple and easy to use. It makes it a lot easier to pick up the basics of keyboards.

Once you have the basic stuff, then you need to start thinking about spending a few hundred dollars on a keyboard. I personally recommend the Yamaha DGX202, which will set you back about $270. Mine cost �150 (I'm from the UK icon_razz.gif), but I've seen them advertised for between $270 and $320.

Good luck with learning the keyboard. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. icon_biggrin.gif
"We believe you have been contacted by a certain individual, calling himself Morpheus. Whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant, but he is considered by most agencies to be the most dangerous man alive."
View members profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
jeyvelo7111836

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have a good time with a Casio. They are cheap, Btween $100 and $250. My suggestion is, since you are just learning to play, get a Casio, perferably one that doesn't have light-up keys. I started with one like that and it showed me what to play, and I didn't learn from it.
View members profile Send private message Send email
hamhamham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:59 pm   Post subject: Casio Reply with quote

The first keyboard i got was the Casio CTK-591, i still have it and it works well, although it has 61 keys it has pitch shift that helps, cya
jeyvelo7111836

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Get out; Mine was a Casio CTK-631. Small world, huh?
View members profile Send private message Send email
hamhamham

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:08 am   Post subject: HAHA Reply with quote

cool, well casios to me are the best to begin w/ because i have been able to do just as good of work w/ my casio just like my more expensive ones
soupygeorgerhapsody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:37 pm   Post subject: how much Reply with quote

how much wuld a full scale piano range from
piano dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest full 88 keyboard that are weighted would probably be the Casio Privia 300. They go for roughly 500 bucks. If you want to learn piano, I strongly suggest one with weighted keys cause you are gonna waste your money on a keyboard without weighted keys. Think about what you are going to do about dynamics on sheet music. You won't be able to pull off artistry by hearing just a note without inflection. Learning piano is more involved than getting the correct notes with correct fingering. I have a cheap, no-name spinet piano that is actually a piece of garbage. So I practice piano on a Yamaha P-90. It does the job beautifully.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls