Home > Message Boards > Music Composition >
My first composition(for this site)
Panceps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:34 am   Post subject: My first composition(for this site) Reply with quote

Hi all! just made a new song, and it´s the first one i´m uploading here. Tell me what you think about it.
http://midishrine.com/midi/30880.mid
i also uploaded the song here, but i don´t know how to post it in the forum.
XD

btw, excellent site!
View members profile Send private message MSN Messenger
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this is a tad late for your liking, but prolonged feedback is better than no feedback, right?

I'd like to begin by contratulating you on a song well written. However, as a composer myself, I know that you want me to go beyond the fluff and get to the honest criticism.

First of all, it's a great song with a great motif, but we only get to hear that motif; as the song progresses, instruments are layered over each other, all following the same general melody/harmony patterns. In my earlier works I tended to do to things like this, but although it may prove easy to sequence, in the long run the song never really goes anywhere. I feel like this song in particular could have been developed very well. Perhaps a melody aside from the clean guitar loop you had going would benefit. Break from the chords, mute everything but the guitar for a few bars, through in some synth, maybe shake up the drums a little. These are all just suggestions, and you do have the final say as the composer, but it sounds as if you copy-pasted a six-and-a-half minute song together. What you started with is really good, but it would make it more enjoyable to listen to if you went somewhere with it.

That's really all I have for you. Keep up the good work, my friend!
//
View members profile Send private message
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls