Home > Message Boards > Music Composition >
New at the forums - might as well advertise!
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:09 pm   Post subject: New at the forums - might as well advertise! Reply with quote

Hello all. If you are reading this, you might just want to stop by my hamienet page . . . <a href="http://www.hamienet.com/index.iva?i=8&LinkOwner=P.C.%20Vielle">Follow this link</a> and every few days starting March 22 (I just completely made up that date, but I will stay true to my word!), You might just see a new song uploaded. These are original compositions (composed by me for the record . . . ) and mp3s will also be available soon after upload (does a few days count as 'soon'?). So yeah, check it out. And I may just be having a contest of sorts. You all (or vosotros, as they speak it in Spain) can make some sweet album art for each song, and they might just be featured alongside the Practice (which is the name of the epic album to be released) artwork. My email will be available at a later date (mainly because I haven't created a P.C. Vielle one yet . . . ), so you can send them there. Note, all songs already on my page will be re-uploaded for consistency and some updates. So get listening and anticipate a lot! As long as you're listening, what do you all (vosotros!) think? Too annoying, too quiet, not enough insane percussion solos? Respond, please. WITH FEEDBACK!!!

. . . well this has been productive . . . !
View members profile Send private message
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:01 pm   Post subject: Guess who created a PCV email?!?! Reply with quote

Yeah! If for some crazy reason you'd like to stop by and say hello, or maybe you have some pressing matter you'd like me to discuss. I now have a P.C. Vielle email. Guess what it is . . . . . Tada! <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>!!!! Who would've guessed?!?!

Yeah, so get working on that album art if you don't want me to do it all by myself (and you get your name mentioned in the fine print! . . . Or just in the lower left-hand corner of the image . . .)
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:44 pm   Post subject: Specifics Reply with quote

Hey all . . . all of the few of you who will view this post. If anybody's interested in getting album artwork featured for my songs, here are some specs:

1) The image must be <a href="mailto:[email protected]">mailed</a> to me via an attatchment.
2) The image must be a square, 500x500 pixels.
3) The title of the song that the artwork is for must appear somewhere.
4) The name that you want to be remembered by must be in the lower left-hand corner.
5) What I'm looking for: No people; if you going to use a digital photograph, use adobe photoshop's sketch feature to make at least <i>look</i> animated. I want some sort of abstract image . . . just be creative and make something that you think fits the song. I will also be putting out some "prompts" for each song, so you can make an image of a hot dog or whatever I suggest.
6) Lastly, I must reveive the image <b>at the very latest</b>, one week after it is released on HamieNet; that's when I'll upload the mp3 complete with the Practice album artwork and the song-specific album artwork (hopefully deseigned by you!)
7) If it's not your <b>original</b> artwork, it's not going to win.

Thanks again!

Is anyone even reading these posts? It says "13 views", but nobody's swung over to <a href="http://www.hamienet.com/index.iva?i=8&LinkOwner=P.C.%20Vielle" target="_blank">my page</a>, listened to a few songs, and posted some constructive criticism (or praise, if they're actually good - but you'll have to find out for yourself, now won't you?!?!).
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 am   Post subject: Charlie is released! Reply with quote

Come on! Go to <a href="http://www.hamienet.com/index.iva?i=8&LinkOwner=P.C.%20Vielle" target="_blank">my HamieNet page</a>! You must listen to the music! The release of the epic release of the Practice album has begun woth Charlie. You can listen and learn more also at my HamieNet page, reply to this post with a review, and <a href="mailto:[email protected]">submit</ a> artwork to the contest.

<b>Prompts for Charlie:</b>
Kitten (orange)
Abstract guitar
Lens Flare
Mirror
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 am   Post subject: Stadium released! Reply with quote

For those of you who will end up reading this, Stadium has now been added to the practice album. You can find it <a href="http://www.hamienet.com/index.iva?i=8&LinkOwner=P.C.%20Vielle" target="_blank">here</a>. Listen, give me some feedback, and enter some artwork for it into the <a href="mailto:[email protected]">contest</a>.

Prompts for Stadium:
Pixelized
Collos (a word I just made up, make it work!
Red
Steel

Or just make up your own word and make some artwork for it. Don't make me make my friends do all the work! I want some listener contribution! Come on! Participate!

More music coming tomorrow.
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:55 am   Post subject: more music! Reply with quote

Sorry about yeasterday, didn't have enough time to post anything (not that anybody cares at all . . . ) but I can't help but notice that I don't have quite as many artwork submissions as I anticipated (actually, there are almost none at all). So, get on your creative hats and get to work!

More music, though to help you along.

We have Happy Happyland (Condensed) and Hollow Knot.

Artwork prompts for Happy Happyland:
Use your imagination, but through in something orange and black . . .

And for Hollow Knot:
Well, you can go to town on this one too, without any suggestions from me. Just make it creepy . . . plenty creepy . . . .
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 am   Post subject: happy birthday to me! Reply with quote

It's my birthday today! How about all of you who read this do give me a birthday present. You can listen to the MIDIs that I have uploaded for your listening pleasure <a href="http://www.hamienet.com/index.iva?i=8&LinkOwner=P.C.%20Vielle" target="_blank">here</a> Then, using some of the prompts from earlier posts, create some album artwork for a song of your choice (using the rules) and email it to me <a href="mailto:[email protected]">here</a>. You can have it featured when I upload the mp3 versions of every song.

Well, the birthday song today is called O Home (The Tenth Daughter). Head over to my page, give it a listen, and create something that seems electronic . . . (this is the prompt for today - just one!). Have fun with it, and don't make <i>me</i> make all of the album artwork!
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 am   Post subject: ¡Más Conciones! Reply with quote

Iced Café has arrived (as of yesterday)! Check it out (I don't feel like including a link, so follow one of them in a previous post). Check out some music, and make some album artwork for Iced Café. Give me something that seems like it would be found in a coffee house. Lattes or something like that. Maybe a steeming cup of coffee (sure sounds good right about now . . . )

As for today, we have Sëo Yaer, the epic song that was originally entitle "Sea Mist". So, the prompt for this album artwork: some sea mist; blue, deep, tranquil. Make it good.

ANd remember the rules!
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:31 am   Post subject: yah, mon Reply with quote

Welcome to the Caribbean! Check out <a href="http://www.hamienet.com/midi30180_Tropical-Island.html" target="_blank">Tropical Island</a>.

Yeah, so how was it?

Make some album art. But do you know what I want you to do? Use only the color green. Make it abstract. Give me a bunch of shades of green swirled together, a collection of green solored circles, just be sure to have it be GREEN!

Have fun and send it to me via <a href="mailto:[email protected]">email</a>

Check out the rules if you're interested.
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:02 am   Post subject: ¡Tantas Canciónes! Reply with quote

Hay más cosas que Uds. necesitan "check-out-ar".
There are more things that you all need to check out.

Go to my page (again, too lazy to include a link, just follow one of the other five million I've already included).

Album Artwork . . . :

Pipe: Give me something black and white. Go crazy with those colors.
Cunita Oscura: Go as plain as possible, but make it a cream colored design.
Carlie's Strike: Inspired by the word "township", make this cover like a city grid.
JC Grand (Straight and Eleventh): A pointless jazz song, reflect that in art.
Q: Probably my favorite song on the whole album, I want this one to be red and have some white reflections in the center.
Progress Two: Samba Nova! I want gold, gold, ¡oro, oro! (silver won't cut it)
P.C. Vielle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:48 pm   Post subject: The final addition Reply with quote

The Practice album is complete! Quick, email in your artwork!

The concluding piece for the album? Exeunt (fitting title, right?)

For Exeunt's artwork, I want a lime greenish background with tons of just random swirls and lines and stuff. Make them into a picture. Maybe spaghetti? I don't know, you decide! But anyways, I won't undergo another project like this for a long time, so take advantage of this one to get recognition!

Thanks to all who have helped me on this album, and to those of you who participated in the artwork contest. MP3's of all songs will be arriving shortly (just after I make a soundfont arrangement to convert them all and decide which album artworks will win). I have a ot on my plate, so thank you all again, and I hope to be in touch soon enough.

~P.C. Vielle
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls