Home > Message Boards > General Discussion >
Download music?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
beautifulmorning

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:07 am   Post subject: Download music? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about "downloading" music. I need one of the songs that is on this site for a recital. I want to download it and burn it onto a CD so that I can play it from a stereo/boom box. How would I get the music to download so that it can be played on a regular stereo?

Thanks. I'm on a mac by the way.
View members profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the MP3 version and burn it on CD.
beautifulmorning

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:09 am   Post subject: Control + Click for MAC Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your post, however, clicking on the MP3 link on my computer simply opens another window with the song in a "Quick Time Player". The options available to me in this new window are Save Source or Save as Quick Time Movie. Neither of these options gives me an MP3 which I can burn to CD. That is why I posted here in the first place.

This morning I tried the following: Click on the Control Button and click on the MP3 link simultaneously. This yields a new list of options: Open with iTunes, Open Link in New Window, Download Linked File, Download Linked File As. I selected "Download Linked File". This actually downloaded the MP3 and I was able to burn it onto CD and play it on my stereo.

Perhaps because I'm on a MAC the way of downloading the music is a bit different. I'm not sure. Thanks anyway.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe "Save Source" also mean downloading the MP3 and save it to a location on your computer.
golde

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:32 am   Post subject: downloading..buying? Reply with quote

I also came across a midi file I'd like to burn but dont know how
I'd even buy the song but cant find it anywhere how to do that AND I treid to do MP# conversions etc.... I think converting the Pope to celebrate Festivus would be easier.

Can anyone lead the way exactly how to do this.... I have windows media.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

golde: Do you have problem using the MP3 converter on our website? Once you have the MP3 version of the MIDI, you can burn it to CD.
sierratorna

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have windows and I can't download a song I need for an audition to a CD. How could I do that?
sierratorna

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sierratorna"]I have windows and I can't download a song I need for an audition to a CD. How could I do that?[/quote]

Oh, and the Midi version of the song won't play on my computer.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cannot play the MIDI on your computer, it is most likely not a MIDI.

I cannot comment much without knowing what error you receive when you are trying to download the song.
beckela1020

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:59 am   Post subject: Midi saves as html Reply with quote

I haven't downloaded midis here for a long time, but I had no trouble doing it on my old iMac running Panther. Now I am on a Macbook running Tiger (OS X.4.11) and when I try to download a midi (Control Click = right click) and select Save link, it saves it as html and not a midi. Anyone know what's up?

Thanks.
mandapower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using itunes??? that is the best way to get music..the files transfer very easily
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls