Home > Message Boards > Others >
The ACT English Practice Test Questions
donaldrsimonn

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:20 am   Post subject: The ACT English Practice Test Questions Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am a non-native English speaker (The Netherlands) and I just scored 630 with Q46 and V31 on my first official practice test. I have completed all of the quantitative Manhattan GMAT prep books (guides 1-5) and I am pretty content with my quant score. I also made some very careless errors during quant section which I wouldn't normally make so I'm pretty confident in that area (had 9 minutes left over after quant). I have done nothing for verbal yet and only wanted to measure my quant performance. My minimum target is 650 but a higher score is always welcome. Preferably 700 or higher. For some context, I'm not applying for MBA but for QTEM (exchange year) for which I need to hit at least 650 to apply.

So my question is: Is it wise to just continue with the verbal guides for Manhattan or are there better guides out there for verbal?
Do you think a 700 score is doable since I'm not a native English speaker?
What should I do after I completed reviewing the verbal section? Just do the GMAT or review poor performing areas?

Thank you!
storewidethinner

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:22 am   Post subject: The ACT English Practice Test Questions Reply with quote

A well-designed site with interactive tutorials for everything from operating an ATM machine to reading food labels. If you click on the main page icon and then click on reading, the site has resources for English language learners as well, including stories to listen to and read along, and picture dictionaries.
cornicel

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:22 am   Post subject: The ACT English Practice Test Questions Reply with quote

This website includes matching quizzes, word games, word puzzles, proverbs, slang expressions, anagrams, a random-sentence generator and other computer-assisted language learning activities. The site also includes a special page on pronunciation, including practice with minimal pairs. Not the fanciest or most beautiful website, but with lots to see and use and no advertising.
View members profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
donaldrsimonn

This site includes videos with native speakers explaining key reading concepts like critical reading, summarizing and scanning, and key life skills like signing a lease and reading a medicine label. Following each video is a comprehension quiz. Click on the blue tabs across the top lead for lessons on reading, writing, vocabulary and finance.
jonsmaradona

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Practiceenglishtests.com is English testing and English learning tool with one specific purpose. To help English learners achieve success in English tests and exams. To help English learners like you improve your English level, improve your business communications, improve your everyday communications, build your confidence, motivate you, and help you prepare for official English tests and achieve success.
solarpanelcp

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This site incorporates coordinating tests, word games, word puzzles, maxims, slang articulations, re-arranged words, an irregular sentence generator and other PC helped language learning exercises. The site likewise remembers an uncommon page for articulation, incorporating practice with negligible sets. Not the fanciest or most excellent site, however with parcels to see and use and no publicizing.
https://solarpanelcostprice.com.au/
View members profile Send private message AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls