Home > Message Boards > General Discussion >
How to reach the low range?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
takatophilip

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:39 am   Post subject: How to reach the low range? Reply with quote

hi,
i'm a baritoner.

and i'm in choir group right now.
i'm joining the bass. but, i can't reach the lowest range of bass.

any help?
View members profile Send private message
Carlos Chahin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:14 pm   Post subject: Breathing exercises Reply with quote

I've heard breathing exercises are the best way. icon_wink.gif
takatophilip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

how to do the breathing exercise?
View members profile Send private message
Carlos Chahin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:09 am   Post subject: How to reach your Pitch Reply with quote

The following exercise may make you feel tired at first, do keep at it as you will begin to notice that it takes less effort to breath, less energy is used when breathing plus it helps you learn to co-ordinate the diaphragm and abdominal muscles when breathing.

To find out if you are breathing correctly, place a hand on your belly button. This area should expand first when you breathe in and then spread upwards until your chest is expanded (don't lift the shoulders or push the stomach out). If you feel you are not breathing properly, practice the following exercise.

Lay flat on your back.

Place your hands on your waist, fingers pointing towards your belly button.

Focus on filling up your stomach from the bottom to the top taking a slow deep breath. (The aim is not to fill yourself to bursting but to inhale enough air so that you can feel the difference between a shallow breath taken when breathing from the chest).

You should feel your stomach rise and your hands being raised gently up and outward until you feel your chest expanding. The expansion is not only at the front of the body but also to the sides and back as well.

Breath out slowly to a count of 5

Repeat the exercise 10 times

Practice daily before you rise in the morning and prior to sleeping at night for 5 - 10 minutes gradually increasing this to 3 or 4 times a day.

Once you get it right, practice as often as possible, sitting, standing and whilst at work until you are breathing naturally from your abdomen.

Try the following exercise to help increase breath control - Count on one breath singing each number out loud. using one breath at any comfortable pitch. Start with a small number like 5 or 10 and increase this gradually until you can manage 25 or more without straining, tensing or running out of breath.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls