Home > Message Boards > General Discussion >
Misogyny in rap music.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
crowek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:18 pm   Post subject: Misogyny in rap music. Reply with quote

Hello,

Whilst in the shower (AKA Drew's contemplation time), I started thinking about how amazing it is just how far social equality has come since I was growing up in the 80s and 90s. As a society, we are increasingly aware of the sexism, racism, and homophobia around us, and people are speaking up and speaking out about it. For instance, many of the sayings, attitudes, and stances that I grew up around, especially in the tiny south Alabama town where I grew up, are verboten now for the most part. And I think it's a great thing.
But then for some reason I started humming "Magic Stick" in my head, and it occurred to me that there is still one place where blatant misogyny is taken in stride, with hardly an eyelash batted: rap lyrics.So why is this? Why is there one incredibly popular part of our popular culture that just gets a free pass on being horribly sexist? Is it because most people who are sensitive to issues of sexism are also the same people who are sensitive to issues of racism, and therefore they don't want to be seen as being culturally or racially insensitive? What do you guys think?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1256723
3D Product Animation Agency

Thank you.
View members profile Send private message Send email
lindarose11
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 pm   Post subject: Great Reply with quote

The article you have shared here very awesome hotmail entrar
View members profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
arianapham

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You put really very helpful information
pogo games
View members profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls