Home > Message Boards > Hip-Hop & Rap >
IS ANYONE MAKING TRAP MUSIC IN GEIST2?
JosephGalvan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:34 am   Post subject: IS ANYONE MAKING TRAP MUSIC IN GEIST2? Reply with quote

HI,

I've been using Geist for a few years now & overall it's been great for most of my Hip-Hop and R&B beats. Recently I've been trying to expand my genres and have noticed that Geist is not nearly as friendly when it comes to switching between different lengths (1/16 triplets, 1/32, etc) within a pattern. Yes, I've tried the repeat & shift graphs, however it's takes much more time to create trap style snare rolls & hihat patterns using the graphs vs using the sequencer in FlStudio or Reason. To get the sound & rhythm I'm looking for I'd have to use separate engines with different length settings & that is a real pain and less than intuitive. This is one of the major reasons I haven't upgraded to Geist2. Are there any other hip-hop beatmakers/producers who have encountered this problem? If enough of us speak up maybe Fxpansion will actually listen & implement individual length options for each of the pads or the ability to switch length's within a pattern.

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7582382
Infographic design studio

Thanks!
View members profile Send private message
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls