Home > Message Boards > Broadway Musical >
newbie... mic help for am dram musical theatre venue
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
MichaelMorin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:46 am   Post subject: newbie... mic help for am dram musical theatre venue Reply with quote

HI,

Newbie here so be gentle! I have no formal training in sound, but am a logical engineer type. Been asked to help out at the local village hall with their 'rendition' of various musical well known hits (think from grease to solo bear necessities).Stage is rubber lined, 24' wide 15' deep. Artists vary from loud good projecting tenors to very meek 14yr old girls.Have a pile of reasonable condensors to hang from the trusses (up to five). One part of the song requires lots of hand waving above heads, so mics have to be set at least 7'6" from the floor.Ive suggested that a boundary mic at the front would be a good idea, and have a budget of �240.
Would the illuminati here suggest:-
A) get the best boundary i can for that money?
B) get a cheaper one and two shotguns crossing the stage?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=42089
Promo video company

Thanks!
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls