Home > Message Boards > Music Composition >
Most efficient method to learn to read music?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
JensenBreck
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:52 am   Post subject: Most efficient method to learn to read music? Reply with quote

Hi,

I’ve been playing by ear, and it’s worked fairly well. I took a few years of jazz piano lessons and learned to muddle my way through cheat sheets, but now that I’m trying to write grown-up compositions, my inability to read music quicker than a stoned snail is becoming a liability. I need to start analyzing famous scores, and this is beyond me right now.

I’m wondering if you could recommend any books or websites that could help me to learn theory and sight-reading as quickly as possible. Are there particular methods that worked well for you, or your students?

Please help.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/most-efficient-method-to-learn-to-read-music.67528/

Sales Promotion Example
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls