Home > Message Boards > General Discussion >
Stradivarius Violin...
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
JensenBreck
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:49 am   Post subject: Stradivarius Violin... Reply with quote

Hi,

I just returned from a nice concert. It was held at the Pierre Monteux school for conducters which is right down the road from my home. I did not realize until my recent interest in classical music that this gem was here. Sir Neville Mariner, Eric Kunzell, Leon Fleischer are a few pepole who have attended this school.

One of the violinsts was playing a 1713 Stradivarius violin! I do not know much about violins however it was an amazing instrument. It had a rich warm tone full of overtones/harmonics. What a treat to listen...

Obviously Stradivarius was a superb craftsman but I wonder what makes his violins stand out? It was stated that he collected some of the wood for his instruments from old cabins/buildings in the mountains. Some of these buildings were very old therefore the wood was even older. This must contribute some way. The violinist also stated that Stradivarius violoins did not get the voice they are famous for until about 20 years after they were built. Is this typical for violins/string instruments?

Please help.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/6510-stradivarius-violin.html

product innovation video
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls