Home > Message Boards > MIDI Discussion >
Instrument ID question
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
JensenBreck
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:48 am   Post subject: Instrument ID question Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently watched some of the bonus material in the film "The Fall" for anyone who's seen it. Anyways, I believe they were in India somewhere and there was a man playing a stringed instrument I have never seen before and haven't been able to identify.

The instrument looked somewhat like an Erhu. The gentleman had it cradled at his left elbow, where a small gourd shaped resonator was with the neck heading up his arm and past his hand. It was facing towards him. There were 2, maybe 3 large tuners a little ways above the middle point of the neck, spaced a decent amount from each other. The neck was skinny and the strings were near the outsides of the neck, about 2 or 3 cm away from the neck. He played the instrument with a bow, but it was a curved bow with bells on one end so as to have percussion while he played it.

I couldn't manage to find anything that looked like it online. It had an incredibly unique sound, especially with the bells going as well.

For More Details

Creative marketing ads
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls