Home > Message Boards > Instruments >
Need some advice from some music veterans
JensenBreck
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:29 am   Post subject: Need some advice from some music veterans Reply with quote

Hi,

my question is if I should continue pursuing piano or pick up guitar, the reason I ask this is because I plan on backpacking for at least a few years and living off of anything i can carry in a 'school' backpack. I've taken piano lessons for 2.5 years and struggling to see if I can continue once I hit the road due to the lack of lightweight keyboards (around 1-5 lbs).

The only thing I managed to find are those rollup pianos but I was told that they aren’t a good long term substitute for a keyboard at all, especially since the keys are flat and not weighted. I also wonder if continuing piano is viable without a piano teacher since a lot of what I’ve gotten from lessons is my teacher catching mistakes/ bad habits and how to correct them.

Because of all this I was thinking of switching to guitar since they’d be lighter and easier to “wing it” learning wise. My ultimate music goal is to write my own music someday so I was also wondering if that’s still applicable to a guitar?

Please help.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/12788-need-some-advice-some.html

Medical Animation
View members profile Send private message
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls