Home > Message Boards > Instruments >
Abnormally low volume from MIDI input?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
JensenBreck
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:09 am   Post subject: Abnormally low volume from MIDI input? Reply with quote

Hi,

I picked up a used Nektar Impact GX61 (basic full-size 61 key MIDI controller) and hooked it up to my computer. After some trial and error I was able to get various free programs to work to play sounds live on my (Windows 10) PC.

The problem that has me a bit stumped is that the volume of the sound being produced by the programs when I play the keyboard is abnormally low and there seems to be very little if anything I can do to rectify this.

regardless of how hard or fast I hit the keys on the keyboard, the sound only reaches about 25-30% of max possible volume, according to the meters on the Windows sound mixer. I can actually watch the meters on the Windows mixer where any regular youtube video will peak at close to 100%, but the keyboard stays waaay low.

For More Details

Gadget Animation
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls