Home > Message Boards > General Discussion >
video game music thread?
JensenBreck
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:39 pm   Post subject: video game music thread? Reply with quote

Hi,

Inspired by the "what got you into music" thread, I decided to expand on the video game music discussion. There's some real classic electronic music contained in old video games, and probably lots of things people haven't heard. I'm not really into chip tunes, or listen to that kind of 8bit style at all, but that kind of discussion would be good too. Also someone posted some sonic/Michael Jackson remixes a while back which I thought was awesome but haven't been able to find it again. Some of the best video game music I've heard was from a PC game in 1993 called Sky Roads, and it was actually a huge technical error that somehow made the music better than how it was originally created. I used to play The New Tetris, a N64 tetris game, it had a soundtrack by this guy Neil D. Voss who has also done soundtracks for other games (Tetrisphere, another tetris-based game, and some GBA racing game that was sort of obscure); here's a song from the game.

Animated Corporate Videos
View members profile Send private message
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls