Home > Message Boards > Music Composition >
midi files for my keyboard
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
SSJohn311

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:55 pm   Post subject: midi files for my keyboard Reply with quote

I just bought a keyboard that can play midi files from my computer, but it can only show me what keys it is playing when a piano is playing, if any other instrument is playing it shows nothing. Is this normal? Are there any websites that have piano only midi files? I am not looking for classical only files either but for songs from the last 25 years. For example I have learned a Linkin Park, journey and Gary Jules song.
JoeTurtle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Many programs allow you to change the MIDI instruments, you can try and find a cheap one online. Right now I have Mozart and Record Producer MIDI Edition (came with a MIDI cable). If you want to get into composition too, I suggest Mozart or Finale (they both let you change the MIDI instruments)

If you really need something changed, I'm sure many people on this site would help. I could change a few of them to piano if you want.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls