Home > Message Boards > Broadway Musical >
Wanting to expand my collection of musicals....
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
lavieboheme1993

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:49 pm   Post subject: Wanting to expand my collection of musicals.... Reply with quote

Title says most of what I want. lol. Basically, I want to expand my collection of musicals, but...I've sort of run out of ideas. lol. I wanted to know what musicals you'd recommend, or even specific songs if you want just any ideas really.

Yes I know I haven't told you what I have and don't have. So I'm pretty much saying "throw anything out onto the table".

Thanks a lot!

~Caitlin
hot_brdwy_diva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing I've learned to get a good repetoir of musicals is to get one of those variety song books (I suggest The Singer's Musical Theatre Anthology The newer ones come with the accompianment on cd) Then when you find a song you really like... learn about the whole musical!

www.musicalheaven.com is really great for getting a synopsis of any show. I also try to keep tabs on what's new by visiting www.broadwayworld.com often.

Right now I'm getting into The Apple Tree. So far i really like it.
View members profile Send private message Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Music Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked has good songs for girls, I am sure you have heard it.

The Scarlet Pimpernel has a great selection of songs.

Belle has a few good songs in the Beauty and The Beast.

You're A Good Man Charlie Brown has fun songs if you are looking to do "character" singing.

"all For You" from Seussical The Musical is a very good animated song to do as well.

Jekyll and Hyde has very good songs to choose from as well.

Along with Les Miserables.

hmm...

that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:01 am   Post subject: The Best in Musical Theatre on DVD Large List available... Reply with quote

I have one of the best lists of Musicals on DVD's , sourced from all over the Globe from Italy to USA and beyond , If you want a list send your email address and let me know what you like. I offer free search service, I am open to trading and sell throughout the world. Your happiness is my business.
Love to the musical world G XXXX
meowmix2479

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

singing in the rain, my fair lady, kiss me kate, oklahoma, chicago, cats, 42nd street, spamalot, hairspray, grease, west side story, thoroughly modern millie, rent, phantom of the opera, wicked, south pacific, little shop of horrors, jekyll and hyde, annie get your gun... almost all musicals are amazing! these are just the ones i can think of right now. if i think of more, ill let you know. Bye!
View members profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
toshunter
HamieNET Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am   Post subject: DO NOT DO OVERDONE MATERIAL Reply with quote

To choose material from most of the shows listed above is to commit audition suicide.

http://www.musicaltheatreaudition.com/performance/auditions/overdoneauditionsongs.html

is a list of stuff NOT to do...there are many others...simply google "audition songs not to do" and you will get a good idea of what is done to death.

Leave a positive calling card at every audition by showing you have thought beyond the IN shows...think off-broadway or forgotten shows that have usually got at least one or two great songs...

if you want specific advice on specific show auditions please dont hesitate to PM me

matt
View members profile Send private message
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls