Home > Message Boards > Broadway Musical >
School performance Night song choice
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Michaelmsaad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:37 am   Post subject: School performance Night song choice Reply with quote

Hi Guys. I am a 18 year old bass-baritone. I was wondering if you guys could offer some suggestions of some songs for my schools big Performing Arts Night. I really want to do a special song...something different from all the R&B, Hip-Hop/Rap, Rock and Pop ballads and Whatever rap and hip-hop songs their are.

I am the only male soloist at my school out of about 30 senior music students....18 of which are female soloists. I have been offerd the closing act for the show but as it is my last year i want to leave a mark on the audience and my peers and my teachers that chose me saying "this is why you chose me to do this".

I know i may sound full of myself here but its really the only way i can explain how i feel about being chosen to close the night. This has been one of my goals over the years and now i have achieved it. But now im stuck for a song.

If you have any suggestions PLEASE....please reply, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Michael
crickitt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell Me It's Not True from Blood Brothers. It's written for a woman but it's a good finale number you could even get some others involved.
View members profile Send private message

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when watchin a show as a perfectionist im very hard 2 please and the only male songs that have left a lasting impression on me were "bring him home" and "Empty chairs and empty tables" both from les miserables and "Why God?" and "Bui doi" both from Miss Saigon. You have to put all emotion into these to pull them off though. Good luck and if I think of anymore I'll put them up.
triplethreat17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially without knowing you or ever hearing you sing, no one can find that perfect song for you - only you can do that. However, I can try to help steer you in the right direction.

Choosing something that you connect with on a personal level will ultimately help you give that showstopping performance you seek. Find a character you identify with, and then look at their songs. Try browsing the character profiles here:

(link hidden for guest post)

This site also has a searchable song database that you might find helpful. Good luck!
Michaelmsaad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks u all...his isa better response than i thought id get...thansk again...keep teh suggestions comming plz

Michael
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls