Home > Message Boards > Broadway Musical >
anyone have tips on playing Catherine in "Pippin"?
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
blackpanther954

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:41 pm   Post subject: anyone have tips on playing Catherine in "Pippin"? Reply with quote

Hey, I've just been cast in the role of Catherine in "Pippin", and she seems like a pretty complicated character, so I was hoping that I could get some feedback, either from people who [i]have[/i] been Catherine, or from people who know the play really well. I'd love any advice you guys could give me. Thanks so much!
View members profile Send private message
Texas_PhoneMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:42 am   Post subject: Catherine in "Pippin" Reply with quote

Congratulations for landing the role of Catherine in "Pippin".... and my sympathies for a character such as Catherine. It's because the character is so unbelievably "dry" that it's a difficult role for any actress to perform. She doesn't DO anything except be an actress who falls for this non-actor Pippin during their brief scene together. The other characters (Fastrada, Lewis, Charlemagne, Bertha) all have more colorful characters so the actor's job is easier! Make it a challenge to find a CHARACTER of Catherine within the ROLE of Catherine--and best of luck. It CAN be done!
View members profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT-8:00
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You can vote in polls